Working in a specialized team of developers, successful candidates will focus on maintenance and stability in the Archivematica code base and related projects. You will develop deep knowledge and expertise of Archivematica on a technical level and support our clients’ use of it by writing code for fixes and enhancements, implementing dependency upgrades, determining operating system compatibility and addressing complex client support incidents. You will also engage with open source Archivematica community users on a technical level.
Archivematica Maintainers will report to the Software, Architecture and Development Manager and collaborate closely with the support staff who will guide product management decisions and communicate priorities for software enhancements. Maintainers provide specialized knowledge to support staff that is critical to the success of our hosted and on-premise Archivematica
Responsible for ensuring a stable Archivematica codebase to be used in Artefactual products and services
Enhancements and defect fixes
● Writes code to fix bugs or implement enhancements to Archivematica as necessary for the support staff
● Investigates security issues in the Archivematica code base or related projects as reported by Artefactual staff or community members
● Responds to community pull requests
Releases and upgrades
● Manage dependencies and operating system compatibility for Archivematica to meet the needs of Artefactual customers.
● Prepares releases of Archivematica; collaborates with the support staff to test releases and deploy to customers.
● Diagnoses complex support incidents from the support staff, identifying root causes and potential solutions.
● Engages on a technical level with the community, as time allows.
Job skills and qualifications
● Demonstrable experience as a paid developer
● Experience with Python
● Proficiency with Gitlab and/or Github
● Self-starting and self-motivated
● Works great in a team setting
● Good communication skills in English
● Comfortable and productive in a Linux development and deployment environment
● At least 4 hours overlap with 8am-4pm Pacific Standard Time
● Legally able to work in Canada
Nice to have
● Experience supporting and maintaining the Archivematica code base
● Experience with Weblate
● Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing software defects
● Experience preparing software releases
● Experience working in open source software projects and communities
You will be working with
● Ubuntu LTS
● Red Hat-based Linux Distributions
● The Archivematica ecosystem of projects and external software tools
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications....Apply For This Job
Overview Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and...Apply For This Job
Humbly Confident Senior Android Developer About Us and Why We’re Hiring We build “You Need a Budget,” the best budgeting...Apply For This Job
About Us At Close, we’re building the sales communication and collaboration platform of the future. With our roots as the...Apply For This Job
Heidi We’re a super-successful, young, travel company, specialising mostly in ski holidays. Based in Bristol, UK, we use tech to...Apply For This Job
Aircall is a place where voices are valued. Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology...Apply For This Job