Working in a specialized team of developers, successful candidates will focus on maintenance and stability in the AtoM code base and related projects. You will develop deep knowledge and expertise of AtoM on a technical level and support our clients’ use of it by writing code for fixes and enhancements, implementing dependency upgrades, determining operating system compatibility and addressing complex client support incidents. You will also engage with open source AtoM community users on a technical level.
AtoM Maintainers will report to the Software, Architecture and Development Manager and collaborate closely with the support staff who will guide product management decisions and communicate priorities for software enhancements. Maintainers provide specialized knowledge to support staff that is critical to the success of our hosted and on-premise AtoM customers.
Responsible for ensuring a stable AtoM codebase to be used in Artefactual products and services
Enhancements and defect fixes
● Writes code to fix bugs or implement enhancements to AtoM as necessary for the support staff
● Investigates security issues in the AtoM code base or related projects as reported by Artefactual staff or community members
● Responds to community pull requests
Releases and upgrades
● Manage dependencies and operating system compatibility for AtoM to meet the needs of Artefactual customers.
● Prepares releases of AtoM; collaborates with the support staff to test releases and deploy to customers.
● Diagnoses complex support incidents from the support staff, identifying root causes and potential solutions.
● Engages on a technical level with the community, as time allows.
Job skills and qualifications
● Demonstrable experience as a paid developer
● Experience with PHP
● Proficiency with Gitlab and/or Github
● Self-starting and self-motivated
● Works great in a team setting
● Good communication skills in English
● Comfortable and productive in a Linux development and deployment environment
● At least 4 hours overlap with 8am-4pm Pacific Standard Time
● Legally able to work in Canada
Nice to have
● Experience supporting and maintaining the AtoM code base
● Experience with Weblate
● Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing software defects
● Experience preparing software releases
● Experience working in open source software projects and communities
You will be working with
● Ubuntu LTS
● Red Hat-based Linux Distributions
● The AtoM architecture
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada ABOUT OUR COMPANY Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development...Apply For This Job
Overview Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and...Apply For This Job
Why would you join? We are Memri and we’re solving a big problem. We are continuously generating data and information...Apply For This Job
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10) LOCATION: Remote (ideally local to San...Apply For This Job
About ZettaBlock ZettaBlock is a one-stop blockchain data platform to make on-chain and off-chain data indexing, querying, and sharing extremely...Apply For This Job
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications....Apply For This Job